Central Sikh Gurdwara
Central Sikh Gurdwara (Temple) (CSG) is one of the 7 Sikh temples for the Sikh community in Singapore. Established in 1912, it was previously known as the Queen Street Gurdwara, due to its former location on Queen Street. Currently situated at Towner, the Gurdwara housed the Sri Guru Granth Sahib, the holy scripture of the Sikhs. Besides serving as a temple, the Gurdwara also functions as a community facility for the Sikhs in Singapore, with facilities such as dining halls and a library.
Adjoining the temple, there is a seven-storey tower that serves as a community facility for cultural activities and religious classes.
Gazetted a historical site in 1999, the temple has a Langgar (Kitchen) facility that provides free vegetarian food to visitors daily. In collaboration with a local charity kitchen, Willing Hearts, CSG together with other Sikh temples, has started a Langgar Outreach Programme to serve the community in-need.
[Click here to learn more about the Central Sikh Gurdwara]